Hi, I’m Jay the new intern at Banter Media (great intro there jay, so original). I’m really excited to be interning at Banter and hopefully be kept at least until the year ends.
So I’ve managed to finish my first week here without being kicked out and learnt a few of the Banter ways.
1) Banter uses Trello and Slack a lot. Trello is a really helpful tool for scheduling tasks, still getting the hang of it but give me another week and I will conquer this tool. Slack is really like messenger (FB messenger not MSN :P) but for work. Before you say anything, yes I wasn’t on Pokemon Go despite it being out for I think a month now but hey calm down I’m here now and I have a Pikachu so there! I’m more awesome than most of you (kidding).
2) File naming correctly! It makes all the difference. Since the projects I take on must be available for my project manager to view as well, I had to learn (the hard way) to name files correctly so they can access them quickly.
3) I was also taught the ways of the camera, from how simple adjustments to aperture can make all the difference in lighting and giving a natural effect. Similarly I learnt the basic editing in Premiere Pro.
4) Not all work and no play (see what I did there with the icons). By that I don’t mean that Banter Media slacks off (haha app pun) and takes lots of breaks. I mean that Banter does work but has fun doing it.
5) No question is a stupid action. Ask as many questions as you can no matter how stupid they seem, since its better to know now than a year down the line when you’ve messed everything up.